New South Wales teachers face a recall after they accidentally mixed the popular school snack, which is made from cocoa butter and a mix of sugar and flour.
The state Education Department has launched an investigation into the accidental mix-up.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Education said a team of “highly trained experts” will be investigating the mix-ups.
“We are aware of this and have undertaken a thorough investigation into it,” the spokeswoman said.
The Department of the Environment said the mixup occurred last month and was being investigated.
New South Wales Education Minister, Simon Corbell, said the state was taking “immediate action” to ensure the school was safe.
He said the State Government was “working closely with the Department to ensure this incident is properly addressed”.
“This is not acceptable behaviour and it will not be tolerated,” Mr Corbell said.
“This incident has the potential to affect all of the families in the community.”
The school has been working closely with state and local authorities to ensure that all affected families are notified as soon as possible and that they are supported in their efforts to get their children back to school.
“Affected families were contacted on Wednesday and were asked to contact school support staff.
The department said parents would be informed if their children were returned to school.
Schools in the state are banned from making changes to their school food or ingredients without a formal notification to the department.
A spokeswoman for school food suppliers said they were “looking into” the mix up and would provide a more detailed statement in the future.
Teachers in the regional district of St George were given the option of switching to a different school food and ingredients when the state took over in 2019.